John A. Wenke
John A. Wenke (pronounced when’ key) was raised in El Paso, Texas. After attending West Point, he graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso and Texas Tech University School of Law. He has practiced law in El Paso since 1993.
Before opening his law office, John was a felony prosecutor with the El Paso District Attorney’s Office, and he also worked for a local law firm representing large corporations and insurance companies.
He is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
John has extensive litigation and trial experience, having tried several civil and criminal cases in both state and federal court. In 2001, he received the largest single-plaintiff employment law verdict in the United States ($30.5 million).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Recognized multiple times as a “Texas Super Lawyer” in both Employment Litigation and Labor and Employment Law by the publishers of Texas Monthly magazine and Law and Politics magazine. Only 5% of all lawyers in Texas are named to this prestigious listing.
- Recognized multiple times in the “Best Lawyers in America” publication in the area of Labor and Employment Law.
- Selected as one of the “Top 50 Lawyers in Central and West Texas” by Texas Super Lawyers. This ranking encompasses attorneys in Austin, San Antonio and El Paso, Texas.
- Named to the Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame by Texas Lawyer.
- Named 2011 Employment Lawyer of the Year in El Paso by Best Lawyers in America
- Awarded an “AV rating” by Martindale-Hubbell which identifies lawyers with very high to preeminent legal abilities.
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation.